IN THIS SECTION
At Cragside Church of England Primary School we recognise that children growing up in a rapidly changing society need to have a firm foundation of values and beliefs. These values and beliefs are an inherent part of the whole school ethos and are underpinned through Collective Worship.
We seek always to reflect in our worship, the Christian foundation of the school and its care for all who work there. Children are helped to understand the purpose of Christian Worship, share in it and appreciate the value of it. Daily acts of worship take place in school and seek to explore life’s big questions about spirituality and faith.
Our central aims of Collective Worship are:
- To develop spiritually as a whole school community and as individuals
- To Provide opportunities to experience, reflect on and respond to our world
- To provide our pupils with regular opportunities for stillness, reflection and prayer
- To explore big questions about spirituality and faith
- To explore the teachings of Jesus and the Bible and think about how they are relevant in our life as a school
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
- To celebrate the values and worth of this school and Christian community including the sharing of the gifts and talents of all our pupils
- To ensure the our values and ethos are central to the life of the school and have a real and meaningful impact on all our lives
- To help children develop respect and understanding both of the nature and language of Christian worship
- To help children develop respect and sensitivity to the beliefs and values of others
- Create in all a sense of belonging.
- To provide children with opportunities to put their faith into action